Being healthy is not only associated with the mental and social wellbeing of an individual but also the physical fitness of oneself.
Aside, from eating healthy and nutritious meals to build a healthy immune system, keeping physically fit is equally important.
The World Health Organization (WHO) defined health in its broader sense in 1946 as “a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
It is also the ability to perform aspects of sports, occupations and daily activities
What is health and physical fitness?
Physical fitness is the ability to keep the body flexible, healthy and strong. It involves activities that strengthen the entire body.
This is achieved through, proper nutrition, moderate-vigorous exercise and good rest.
According to Springer’s Encyclopedia of Behavioral Medicine Physical Fitness is one’s ability to execute daily activities with optimal performances, endurance, and strength with management of disease, fatigue and stress and reduced sedentary behavior.
Importance of health and fitness.
Regular physical exercise and activity is important to human health. Consequently, this can have both immediate and long term health benefits.
According to MedlinePlus, exercise causes change in antibodies and white blood cells (WBC). WBCs are the body’s immune system cells that fight disease. These antibodies or WBCs circulate more rapidly. Thus, they could detect illnesses earlier than they might have before. Physical activity may help flush bacteria out of the lungs and airways. This may reduce your chance of getting a cold, flu, or other illness.
Here are some of the health benefits of physical fitness;
- Help maintain muscle strength and balance
- Reduces risk of heart attack
- Helps in weight management.
- Lower blood pressure therefore improving heart health.
- Reduces feelings of anxiety and depression
- Lowers blood cholesterol levels
- Improves sleep quality
- Protects you against major chronic diseases. For instance, type 2 diabetes and some cancers.
- Healthier mental state.
How can you be physically fit?
Get on board. Become physically fit by making these your daily routine;
- Exercise daily for a maximum of 30 minutes. Do yoga. Stretch. Do some jumping jacks. Take some Zumba classes.
- Walk at least 20 minutes, even inside the house.
- Eat the right foods, with the right portion. Stay away from the sweets.
- Get some rest.
- Commit to your routine daily.
- Stay motivated.
- Track your calories intake.
- Dance to your favorite song.
Similarly, you could subscribe to the Reiki treatment. http://www.livewellprivatecare.com/the-healing-benefits-of-reiki/